Key Points – Monday August 3rd
- No new cases have been recorded overnight
- There are 12 active cases
- Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk said this week was still “very crucial” and anyone who develops symptoms needs to get tested
- Tens of thousands of tests have since been carried out across the state
- All 105 residents of the Pinjarra Hills aged care residents have been tested, with all results coming back as negative. The facility is still in lockdown following a worker contracting coronavirus last week
- Chief Health Officer Dr Jeanette Young is expecting more cases to emerge this week and is urging anyone with flu like symptoms to immediately self isolate and get tested
Watch today’s press conference for more detailed information, including the response to images of a packed Sunshine Coast rugby league ground that is playing host to NRL fixtures.
Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk and Deputy Premier Steven Miles are holding a press conference to announce the latest on COVID-19 in Queensland. More:
Posted by ABC Brisbane on Sunday, 2 August 2020
|Sleeman Sports Complex*||Chandler||26-Jul-20||12.30-2.10pm|
|Garden City Shopping Centre||Mount Gravatt||26-Jul-20||4-7pm|
|K Mart at Garden City Shopping Centre||Mount Gravatt||26-Jul-20||4-5pm|
|JB HiFi at Garden City Shopping Centre||Mount Gravatt||26-Jul-20||4.30-5pm|
|MOS Burger at Garden City Shopping Centre||Mount Gravatt||26-Jul-20||Around 5pm|
|Chatime Garden City||Mount Gravatt||26-Jul-20||Around 6pm|
|Café 63||Redbank Plains||27-Jul-20||10-10.30am|
|Basketball Court Springfield Lakes*||Springfield Lakes||27-Jul-20||6-8.30pm|
|Richlands Medical Centre Richlands Plaza||Richlands||29-Jul-20||Around 10.45am|
|SNP Collection Centre Forest Lake||Forest Lake||29-Jul-20||Around 11.35am|
*People who are close contacts will be contacted directly by the Public Health Unit.
Additionally, the Public Health Alert issued on 29 July 2020 has been amended with an updated time relating to the Primary Medical and Dental Practice at Browns Plains on 24 July 2020 to 3.30-4.30pm.
It is important to:
- Stay home if you are sick
- If you have any COVID-19 symptoms, no matter how mild, get tested
- Stay 1.5 metres away from other people—think two big steps
- Wash your hands with soap and water, or hand sanitizer
- Leave the location if it is crowded.
If you have any concerns about your health, contact your doctor or contact 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84).