This quick and easy Tuna Dip makes a delicious flavour-packed snack that is rich in protein and healthy fats.
It can be served with raw vegetables, my Dip crackers or Paleo chips. This makes a generous serving so keep a little aside to put in lettuce or paleo wraps with salad for a quick lunch. You can use my Egg Mayonnaise for the recipe or purchase a brand that uses olive oil or another healthy oil.
Serves: 2 1/2 cups | Prep Time: 00:10 | Cooking Time: 00:00
- 1 x 425g can tuna (wild caught), in springwater
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise, homemade or a brand using healthy oils
- 1/2 cup natural coconut yoghurt
- 4 Tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 Tbsp (40ml) olive oil
- 2 Tbsp onion flakes (dried)
- 1 tsp fine lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp (40ml) lemon juice
- 3 tsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 – 1 tsp fine sea salt, to your taste
- 1/3 tsp black pepper, ground
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 2 tsp dried dill
Drain the tuna well and add to a medium-size bowl then use a fork to mash the tuna finely.
Add the remaining ingredients to the tuna and mix well with the fork until you reach a well-combined mixture.
Serve the tuna dip with raw vegetables or paleo crackers.
Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Article supplied with thanks to The JOYful Table.
About the Author: Susan is an author of The JOYful Table cookbook containing gluten & grain free, and Paleo inspired recipes for good health and wellbeing.