The Brisbane Disability Expo is returning for 2021, with the theme “My Future, My Choice”.
Thousands of people with a disability will have the chance to link in with hundreds of product and service providers, as a way to take control of how they want to live their lives now and plan for the future. Industry experts will also deliver informative and interactive presentations at the two-day event.
Singer-songwriter and performer Renee McAlpin is the ambassador for the free event and has told 96five’s Jess Drummond there will be more than 120 exhibitors covering a range of categories including service providers, the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), equipment, car modifications, and more.
“If anyone’s got a disability or if you know of anyone with a disability and you don’t really know what’s out there in your community, it’s a great place to just come and speak to all the exhibitors.
“If you don’t know what avenue to go down, the [exhibitors] will be happy to answer any questions that you may have,” she says.
Renee will be among the entertainment lineup, which also includes live all-ability performances and kids’ entertainment.
The Brisbane Disability Expo 2021 will be held at the Royal International Convention Centre at the Brisbane Showgrounds in Bowen Hills on Friday October 15 and Saturday October 16, from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
The expo features:
- FREE ENTRY
- 100+ exhibiting service and product providers from a variety of categories
- Presentations and speakers from Government agencies and disability organisations
- Kids entertainment and live all-ability performances
There are a range of exhibitors including:
- Government and advocacy organisation
- Aids and equipment providers
- Financial and legal services
- Education, training and employment providers
- Social and leisure options
- Transport and vehicles
- Health and medical products and services
- Allied health professionals
- Support services including in home care providers