YWAM Training Townsville and 96five are looking for the next great radio talent – could it be you? Kick start your journey with an Introduction to Audio Production short course from Registered Training Provider YWAM Training Townsville (RTO 30614).
The Introduction to Audio Production course is a unique opportunity to participate in a short course, while also gaining practical work place experience, and kickstart a career in radio.
YWAM Training Townsville will deliver and assess two units – CUASOU212 Perform basic sound editing and CUASOU304 Prepare audio assets.
As part of your training, you will arrange a work placement at a community radio station, and 96five is offering placements here in Brisbane. You will be a part of 96five where we are reaching over 319,000 listeners every month, being “part of the change” for a healthy, strong, faith-filled and positive city.
More about the training
CUASOU212 Perform basic sound editing, where students will learn to:
- prepare audio content for inclusion in interactive media products and media distribution channels,
- use editing software to treat, equalise and clip sound sequences to meet technical standards,
- use audio encoding and editing software, and
- complete file naming and storage according to industry or enterprise conventions.
CUASOU304 Prepare audio assets, where students will learn to:
- prepare and edit audio content to meet creative and technical production requirements,
- use editing software and equipment proficiently, manipulating and applying effects where required,
- digitise audio content in compatible formats,
- assess and optimise quality of sound sequences,
- accurately mark, log, document and archive edited sequences, and
- seek feedback from others to improve own technical and creative performance.
The aim of the course is to orient students to the basics of audio production, help students to grow in skills to work in a team and develop understanding of God as a communicator.
Are you interested in a career in radio? Do you love working with people? Have you ever wanted to give back to the Brisbane community? Are you on the lookout for some relevant industry experience? If you answered “yes” to any of the above – then completing this course and workplace at 96five could be for you!
$600 (payable to YWAM Training Townsville upon acceptance into the course)
Your first step is to apply for a volunteer work placement at 96five. Once accepted, we will pass on your details to YWAM Training Townsville for enrolment into the course.
Want to know more about the course? Have questions about enrolment? Contact YWAM Medical Ships today.