Are you interested in working for the 96five family?
96five employment opportunities will be posted on this page when positions are available
96five is Brisbane’s very own Christian radio station, communicating messages of hope and inspiration to positively impact the people of Brisbane and beyond.
Full-Time | Brisbane, QLD
- Fantastic career opportunity
- Freedom to creatively engage audience in a competitive metro market
- Highly supportive environment, with a united focus on our mission
96five is looking for an experienced content creator with a proven track record of delivering quality on-air and video/social media content. We require a skilful communicator who is mindful of the needs of the local community and able to engage well with their audience (target audience: 35-54 years old).
This opportunity involves joining a team of dedicated content creators currently working in 96five and stations across South East Queensland and NSW. This team is supported by experts with a focus on ministry outcomes and development. The successful applicant will be innovative, comfortable trying new things and be keen to continually improve through feedback.
Family Radio Ltd is Brisbane’s leading Christian media organisation, communicating messages of hope and inspiration to transform life, faith and culture. We are the broadcaster of 96five on FM, Inspire Digital on DAB+ radio, and 96five online.
Working within a group of multi-platform media organisations, 96five’s purpose is to impact people with experiences of God’s love. Our values are: Be humble, be real, be all in. If you have a genuine passion for the mission and purpose of 96five and actively display the organisation’s values, then this is an ideal opportunity to utilise your professional capabilities to connect with and impact the community with hope.
The successful applicant will have:
- Minimum 3 years full time experience on-air
- Post-secondary studies in Media (preferable but not essential)
- Current Police Clearance
- Demonstrable knowledge of media and popular culture
- The ability to understand the audience and how to engage it
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively on-air and online
- Highly developed written communication including the ability to write copy
Ready to Apply?
Send your application with cover letter addressing how you meet each of the criteria along with your CV, a show reel and/or recent on-air shift audio to email@example.com
Closing Date: ASAP
If we don’t have a position currently listed that you are interested in, and you want to be considered for future positions in your field of expertise, you are welcome to complete our General Employment Kit – that way we have your details on file.
As a community organisation we also rely heavily on members of our community volunteering their time. Learn more about volunteering at 96five here.
What Our Staff Say
“I love working at 96five because I learn something new about my community, myself and God each day. At 96five, I have opportunities beyond my role to learn new skills and find areas that spark my passion. I enjoy working with a team that love to work hard and have fun while doing it. Since working here I have been more connected with the community of Brisbane. Getting to know the stories of so many listeners motivates me in my work. Knowing that I can make someone smile or impact their life is a great reason to wake up each morning and do the job I do. I know that what I do at work has a greater purpose and impact than just myself. I love working at 96five!”
Shaliysh – Digital Media
Jobs at Like-minded Stations
The 96five News Updates you hear each week day are provided to us through the resources of Vision National News.
They are now recruiting for a permanent, full time experienced radio journalist.
Details about this position are listed below or can be accessed by using this link www.newsjob.com.au
(Please note that this is an external vacancy with a third party and that 96five is not involved in the recruitment process other than promoting this opportunity)
Full Time Radio News Writer/Reader
Full-Time | Brisbane, QLD
- Australia’s only nationwide Christian worldview news service.
- Join a team of industry leaders.
- This position is Brisbane based, although working from another location may be an option for the right candidate.
- Permanent, full-time position.
We are looking for a radio news writer/reader to join our excellent news service. If you’re passionate about news then we want to hear from you!
Do you have?
- High attention to detail.
- A Degree in Journalism or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in news preparation and/or presentation.
- Strong writing, editing, research, planning and audio production skills.
- The ability to prepare and present radio news bulletins, interviews, on-air programmes, digital news stories or other related items as required.
- The ability to work unsupervised, under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- A high level of competency with Microsoft Office Suite, NewsBoss, Adobe Audition and WordPress.
- Available to do shift-work.
- Your own transport.
About Vision Christian Media
Vision Christian Media is dedicated to giving balanced news the audience can trust. Vision’s news service is unique in Australia; it is the only national family-friendly news service with a Christian worldview. It is broadcast nationally on Vision Christian Radio and to client stations as diverse as Light FM in Melbourne, 96five in Brisbane, 1Way FM in Canberra and 97Seven in Darwin.
Vision Christian Media is a not-profit organisation that has been dedicated to bring the Good News of the Gospel to Australia since 1986. We were a key driver in establishing over 30 independent Christian community radio stations during the 1990s before we became a broadcaster and publisher ourselves.
Now, we reach 1/3 of Australia, and hundreds of thousands of people across the country turn to us daily for encouragement, good company and support. We are helping them connect faith to their life’s every day.
The successful applicant will align to our Mission, Vision, Values and core beliefs. This is more than just a job, it is a calling and ministry opportunity.
An exciting opportunity exists for a passionate and experienced news writer/reader to join Vision Christian Media.
Under the supervision of the News Editor and Radio Content Manager, this role is responsible for writing news stories in accordance with Vision’s style guide and with a Christian worldview. You will source stories from our own interviews and research, from content broadcast on our own radio network, and from our news partners, including Macquarie and Voice of America.
We’re looking for someone who is willing to learn and is a strong team player with a sense of humour. You’ll need to be creative, enthusiastic and able to keep a cool head under pressure to deal with hourly deadlines; a good grasp of Australian and international current affairs, as you’ll be broadcasting to areas from the remote outback to our biggest cities; a good sense of what news stories will make up an effective news bulletin; and a passion for news and for telling people what they need to know.
You’ll need to be able to take direction, and to be flexible about shift work. Our earliest shift starts at 3 am and someone is on deck until 7pm at night. Once you’ve been trained, you’ll need to be confident to make decisions as you may be working alone in the newsroom at times.
Your own transport will be necessary because public transport is not available at the start and end times of some of our shifts.
Successful applicants will align to our Mission, Vision and Values.
How to apply
Submit your current resume to the Human Resource Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide a brief statement (no more than 2 pages) that tells us:
- Why you are interested in the role you are applying for,
- Provide examples that can demonstrate to us that you possess the skills, knowledge, experience and heart to be successful in the role.
Applications close Sunday 25 April 2021